Michael A. Gottlieb is an AV-rated lawyer by Martindale Hubbell, which is the highest rating a lawyer can obtain. Mr. Gottlieb began his career in the legal justice system working for the Broward Sheriff's office in the legal department. Following that job, he became an Assistant Broward County Public Defender; he has practiced criminal defense for 30 years. He attended Nova Southeastern University Law School and The George Washington University where he obtained a Bachelors of Science in Political Science.
As a criminal defense lawyer in Broward County, Florida, Mr. Gottlieb has handled thousands of cases and tried more then 150 criminal jury trials to verdict. Mr. Gottlieb has attained acquittals in Murder in the First Degree, Attempted Murder in the First Degree of a Law Enforcement Officer, State Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon, DUI Manslaughter cases, as well as many lesser charges.
Mr. Gottlieb has also successfully had many cases dismissed by pre-trial motion such as Perjury, Trafficking in Oxycodone and Possession of Cocaine among numerous others. A vigorous motion practice helps Mr. Gottlieb maintain many dismissals without subjecting clients to expense and anxiety of trial.
Michael Gottlieb is experienced in vigorously seeking out critical deficiencies that weaken the prosecution's case against you and possibly avoiding a trial altogether.
Call Mr. Gottlieb today for a free case evaluation.
- Nova Southeastern University, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
- J.D. - 1993
- George Washington University, Washington, District of Columbia
- B.A. - 1990
- Major: Political Science
- Criminal Defense State and Federal Court
- NACDL, Member
- FACDL, Member
- BACDL, Past President, 2003 to 2004
- Florida, 1993
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 2000
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 1994
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- AV-Rated Lawyer by Martindale Hubbell
- Broward Daily Business Review, Most Effective Lawyer, 2007
- BACDL Hat Trick Recipient, 2001-2010
Classes & Seminars
- Adjunct Professor Broward College, 1996 to 2000
- 17th Judicial Circuit, Assistant Public Defender
- Broward County, Assistant Public Defender
- Broward County Sheriff's Office, Clerk