Using Collaboration And Experience To Protect Your Freedom And Reputation
  1. Home
  2.  — 
  3. Violent Crimes
  4.  — What If An Order Of Protection Is Taken Out Against Me?

What If An Order Of Protection Is Taken Out Against Me?

What If An Injunction Or Order Of Protection Is Taken Out Against Me?

Florida law enforcement takes domestic violence allegations seriously. If the police are called to a potential domestic violence situation, it is very likely that someone will be arrested. If you were arrested or have been charged with domestic assault, you need knowledgeable legal counsel as soon as possible because you may also have an injunction for protection or order of protection taken out against you.

In domestic violence cases, the alleged victim can seek an order of protection the first time the abuse occurs. If you are being accused of domestic violence, you must understand the consequences of orders of protection. At Michael A. Gottlieb, P.A., in Fort Lauderdale, our experienced defense lawyers will explain how an order of protection can change your life. We will also protect your rights by investigating the matter and representing you at protective order hearings.

The Consequences Of Protective Orders

By agreeing to a protective order, you will face the following consequences:

  • It will remain on your permanent criminal record.
  • It will affect your ability to get housing.
  • It will affect your ability to get certain jobs.
  • It will affect your right to possess firearms.
  • You will have to move out of the home you share with the alleged victim.
  • You may have to temporarily relinquish custody of children you share with accuser.
  • You may have to pay spousal and/or child support while the order is in effect.

In addition, if you violate the terms of the order of protection, the police may arrest you and put you in jail.

Trying to defend yourself against orders of protection is a mistake. We will represent you and strive to protect your rights at all hearings regarding this matter.

You Can Get Legal Help Today

Please call 954-355-7286 or email us today. We offer free consultations to discuss your case.